Montreal in 2016








I got my "personal worst", I ran the 42.2 km in 5h41m51s. Horrible!

The first half was ok, I was going at my marathon pace (seven minutes per kilometer) but in the second half I had to walk long stretches, I was feeling sick and my pace slowed down to nine minutes per kilometer.

My daughter met me around km 34 and stayed with me for a kilometer or so. The idea was that she would jog with me to the end, but that was only if I had a shot at sub-5. As I had already blown out that possibility, I told her to go back home.

The last few kilometers were murderous, I couldn't run anymore, the best I could manage was a semblance of rapid walking.

At the end I got my medal, my jacket, I drank a beer and ate corn on the cob. I was mad at myself for my result. I had trained so much, I deserved a better time.

Comments

  1. Cheer up! You crossed the finish line of every single marathon which you had started. In my book, this is called great achievement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023