Lachine 2016 half marathon









Lachine Half Marathon

My wife took me and my daughter to Lachine, a suburb of Montreal, for our half marathon today. After she left us very close to the beginning of the race we went on to see the departure of the 10K event. Later in the day there would also be a 5K and even children's races (1K and 2K).

After the 10K runners were out, we walked around a little bit. The area at the end of the Lachine canal is a nice place for such an event.

Close to 8h30 we were ligning up at corral 2. Corral 1 was sent off, we waited a minute and then it was our time.

There was a lot of "traffic" in front of us at the beginning, so we had to go with the flow. After two or three kilometers my daughter left me behind and went on for her own pace.

By km 4 I left the two-hour bunny behind and started putting some distance on him. But at km 12 the inevitable happened: he caught up with me again. I tried to stay with him for some time but after just a kilometer I had to give up.

The organizers put all pictures online free of charge:



Other events should take a hint and do the same:


The last eight kilometers were not fun. I was going slower than my full marathon pace. In the end I completed the race in 2h13m25s. Not too happy with the time, but the fact that the left knee didn't bother me was nice. Here am I at the finish line:


Later my daughter told me that the two-hour bunny passed her a hundred meters from the finish line! Her time was 2h00m22s. Here is she crossing the finish line:



She said she didn't remember that a half marathon was so difficult. Earlier this year she did the 10K in Ottawa and that race went ok for her, but today she said she suffered a bit.

Anyway we were both happy we had finished it without major problems.

Even though this race is close to home, I don't think I'll repeat it in the future. The double loop we have to do is no fun even if the scenery is great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023