Montreal 2016 half marathon



Back to the index




On April 24th I participated in the Scotia Bank Montreal Half Marathon. The day was a bit too cold to be running outside...

I walked the seven kilometers from my house near the Olympic Stadium to the Parc des Îles, where the race would happen. It took me a bit more than one hour to get there.

This half marathon happens completely inside the Parc des Îles, we pass by some places twice, some other places even three times. I don't particularly like this. After the first kilometer we had already seen the kilometer markers for 6K and 20K. A bit discouraging...

There was a good crowd there. The half marathon didn't sell out, but there was a large number of people anyway lined up for the start.

The course is not so great, too many places with gravel and dirty. Fortunately it was not raining...

I reached the half way point around 58'30'', so I had high hopes of reaching my first ever sub-2 in a half marathon. But the second half was harder than I expected.

I was with the two-hour crew for a good part of the race, but around km 12 I had to stop to drink my gel, so I walked for a bit. I was never able to catch up with them again, even though I knew they couldn't be more than a minute ahead of me.

In the end I finished the race in 2:00:41.7, which is a PB by almost seven minutes. I was happy for that, but missing my sub-2 by just 42 seconds really hurts.

The full results are available at their site, if you want to check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023