Montreal in 2011

Back to the index

My very first half marathon! Here is my t-shirt with my bib:


My daughter had agreed to participate with me. Here we are at home, before going out for the race:


We left home around 9h30 to go to the Jean Drapeau metro station. We went to the Jacques Cartier bridge, where we waited for the start of the race:


At 10h30 we left, in waves:


I walked the entire 21.1 km of the course, as I had planned. For my first half marathon I didn't want to risk anything. Let me tell you, it took a lot of concentration to keep me from running at times.

My daughter stayed with me for twenty minutes or so, but then she took off and ran the rest of the course.

It was funny at times, because even though I was just walking, I passed quite a few people who were "running"... ;-)

The last five kilometers were a psychological struggle because the Olympic Stadium (where the race would end) was in full view, so we were always thinking that the end was near, but we still had to go a long way!

When I crossed the finish line the clock was showing 3h03m, but my official time ended up being 2h53m.

I received my medal and a bag with some goodies, quite nice.

Arriving back at home, with my medal:


My official time, with splits:



And my diploma:


Not bad for a walk!
 
Back to the index

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023