Mont Tremblant in 2013

Back to the index



Mont Tremblant is a resort city to the north of Montreal. For the last four years the city has organized a half marathon race (also 5K and 10K) in the month of August.

I had already run this course in 2012, so now in 2013 I decided to try it again to see if I could improve my time. Here I am before the start of the race, at the finishing line:


Last year, picking up the bib had been a hassle, but for this year the organizers streamlined the process, so it was quite fast.

Going on the bus to the start line:


Last year my wife had taken me to the start line by car, but then she got locked out because all streets and roads were closed. For this year we decided that she would stay at the finish line and I would go to the start line with the bus provided by the organizers.

The course is absolutely gorgeous, the area around Mont Tremblant is very beautiful, we go part of the way through the forest.

Earlier this year I had read Jeff Galloway's books on run/walk, so I knew that doing walk breaks was not just ok, but actually helped your final results. I didn't do the full Galloway strategy (four minute run / one minute walk) but when I had to break for a walk I didn't feel sorry for myself, it was just part of my running strategy, so I felt ok.

I stopped at every water station to drink and walk a bit. I also broke for walks at other points, when I felt it was necessary.

Here I am coming down the last ramp of the race:


And there I'm going to the finish line:



I felt pretty good after the race, I think I could have gone even faster. I'm getting better at this!... ;-)

After the race, with my daughter:


Here is my official time:




It's a personal best!

For the fifth time in a row I improved my time by about ten minutes. My times in my half marathons have been roughly 2h50, 2h40, 2h30, 2h20 and now 2h10. Next time I'll go for a sub-2!


Back to the index

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023